Monday, July 29, 2013

Some Good Things, Not the Greatest

Thank you for all the letters. It really means a lot to me to hear how everyone is doing and what's going on back home.  

This week hasn't been the greatest. We've just really been struggling for some reason. We've been working hard, but not seeing a lot of success. Since we're low on miles and it's the end of the month we've been doing a lot of walking. My body isn't used to it, some days this week I've felt like an old woman. The biggest thing we've been struggling with is talking with everyone we see. I'm fine with knocking on someone's door, but I'm still not very good at just walking up to anyone we pass on the street. We've really been slacking in that area, and we've both repented and are going to be doing better at that this week. 

We also had a very frustrating experience on Saturday. We had an appointment to go back up to Eutawville to teach the referral we contacted last week. We called her in the morning to confirm that we could still come over, and she was fine with that. Then we found out that the member who was going to give us a ride couldn't make it. So we ran over to the church, where there was a pioneer day activity going on, to see if anyone could give us a ride. No one there was available. We called a bunch of other people, and finally the Relief Society president said she could take us out there. We drove out there, and no one answered the door, and she wasn't answering her phone. It was really frustrating, especially since we'd put in so much effort to get out there and we'd had to take the Relief Society president with us. One good thing did come out of it though- she invited us over for dinner. We had biscuits and gravy and fresh watermelon. It was so good. We've been getting a lot of farm produce from members lately. And one member raises chickens, so we have about 2 dozen fresh eggs in our fridge. I've been making omelets for breakfast, they're really good. 

We did get one really good referral from a member this week. A recent convert asked us to go see her friend. She's an older lady and she's going through a really rough patch with some of her kids. But we had a very nice visit with her and she invited us back anytime. Before we left she said "I feel like we've been friends for a long time," which made me feel really good. So some good things have happened this week. 

I love you and I miss you. Thanks for being so supportive of me. I'm trying my best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment