Sunday, July 7, 2013

District Meeting

I gave my first training in our district meeting this past Tuesday [June 25]. It was on the importance of extending and keeping commitments. It went really well and I was only a little nervous. Our district has four companionships- the elders who serve in Moncks Corner, elders who serve in Georgetown, a senior couple serving in Georgetown and Sister Winsor and I. 

After the district meeting, the senior couple took us out to lunch. We ended up going to a Chinese buffet that was really good. I ate way too much food. It was an interesting restaurant. They had all the usual Chinese foods, but then they also had macaroni and cheese and fried okra. So it was a  southern Chinese buffet. We had a lot of fun together. 

It's beginning to get very hot here. It really wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the humidity. It's just so muggy outside. It doesn't take long before you get really sweaty.That just makes us want to work even harder to get appointments, so we can get out of the heat. 

Since it's the beginning of the month, we had to set a goal for how many people we're going to baptize by the end of the month. Sister Winsor and I both felt that we should set a goal of 2, even though we're not currently teaching anyone. I think we're both a little curious about how we're going to meet that goal, but we have faith that we can as long and we try our hardest, and talk to everyone we meet. We're not going to let anyone get past us without letting them know who we are, why we're here and what we can do for them. We've got a lot of work to do. 

I've already been out a month. In some ways it feels like the time has flown by. In other ways, I can't even remember what it was like to go to bed at 11 pm, or sit down for two whole hours and watch a movie. It's been a great month. And I'm looking forward to the next one. I love you all and I miss you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment