Wednesday, July 2, 2014


We've had a really good week here in Camden. Sister Winsor's last couple days here were pretty uneventful. It was sad to see her go, but I think we both knew that our work together was done. I was glad that we were able to go to transfer meetings, since it would be our last chance to see President and Sister Holm. It was also great because I was able to see Sister Bell (who transferred into my zone!) and Sister Barron, one of my favorite members from Moncks Corner. 

I was expecting to see Sister Rowley there, since I'd heard she was being transferred, but instead I found out she's had to go home because of medical reasons. I was sad to hear that because I know how much she loved being a missionary, but I talked with a sister who had heard from her, and she said Sister Rowley's at peace with it. I love her so much, and I'm glad that I was able to be her companion for those three months. Sister McNeece and Sister Anderson weren't there, they stayed together up in Easley. I hope I get to see them soon, so I can hear how they're doing and how everyone in Greenville is.

My new companion is Sister Boyson, who was Sister Winsor's MTC companion! She's pretty amazing. She's from Hooper, Utah and she was a real estate agent before her mission. We've been having a great time together. Heavenly Father definitely knows what he's doing when He assigns companions, because she's already helped me so much. I've realized lately that I need to work on being a better finder, on immediately beginning to teach people when we talk with them. And Sister Boyson is really good at doing that. So we've been able to teach a lot more people this week and we've gotten quite a few new investigators because of that.

The family who was baptized last week is doing so well. I feel like they've gained a lot more confidence in themselves now that they're baptized members of the church. They were commenting more in class on Sunday, and the husband gave a great closing prayer.

We have a really interesting new investigator. Sister Winsor found him while she was on an exchange last week. He drove up to them as they were walking around and asked if they were Mormon missionaries. Apparently he met with elders about ten years ago. And now he's really searching for something. We went over on Saturday with a member, who got baptized back in March. The investigator talked to us a lot about how many hard things he's had to go through in the past ten years, the biggest of which is a divorce and now raising three kids on his own. We were able to testify of how the gospel can help him, and the member was great for him because they'd been through a lot of similar things. We invited him to church, and he said he'd try to come. He didn't show up so we went to see him yesterday, and he told us his son had gotten sick. But we were able to meet his roommate, who was also super interested, and we'll be going back to teach both of them on Tuesday.

We'll be meeting our new mission president on Thursday, which I'm very excited for. They seem like wonderful people and I'm really excited to get to know them and learn from them.

I hope y'all have a wonderful 4th of July and a great week. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment