Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wedding Plans

I don't know if I mentioned this last week or not, but a family that the elders have been teaching moved into our area last week. They have three kids and one due next month. They've been boyfriend and girlfriend for ten years, but that all ends on Saturday. Because they're getting married! And then they and their daughter are going to get baptized, probably on the 21st. That's what we're hoping for. We're really excited for them. They're very ready to be baptized, and they would have been baptized a while ago, but right as they were about to do it, their lives fell apart. But now things are all straightened out, thanks to the ward members, and they're excited to be baptized. So between the wedding on Saturday and teaching them the rest of the lessons it's going to be a very busy week. We're excited. There's nothing better than being a busy missionary. Missionaries are always busy, but there's a big difference between having productive things to do and having to find productive things to do.

Other than this family, we have a lot of very good potential investigators, but none of them have made much progress from last week. It was funny though, we got a text from one of our investigators, and he said "Just thought I'd save y'all a trip out here and let you know I wasn't at church because I had to work". It's funny that he knew because he didn't show up at church that we were just going to go over there. Our investigators know our persistent ways :)

I'm glad to hear that New York has been so much fun, and I'm excited to see the pictures. It's amazing to think that it's been over a year since I was there. I was thinking about that this morning, that a year ago today was my last day in the MTC. Missions go by too fast.

It's interesting that y'all were in the Sacred Grove and the Hill Cumorah, because we've been having some interesting conversations about Joseph Smith lately. The most recent one happened about an hour ago in the middle of Wal-Mart. Both the guys we talked to had done a lot of internet research on our church and Joseph Smith, and so I think you can guess how those conversations went. I don't know what sources they were getting their information from but they certainly weren't our church websites. People will believe the most interesting things. I'm glad that I know who the real source of truth is- our Heavenly Father. He will always help us to know what is true and what is false. I know that all the confusion about who Joseph Smith really was, and what he did, is not coming from our Heavenly Father, and if people will just sincerely pray about it, with a real desire to know the truth, then they can recognize by the power of the Holy Ghost what the truth really is.



No comments:

Post a Comment