Saturday, May 24, 2014

Not Going to Believe This

Deja Vu Companionship
It has been an absolutely amazing week, which started off with a really unexpected surprise at transfers. Based on what was said in the blessing Brother Kunzler gave me, I was expecting to get a companion who was very different from the ones I'd had before, so as we were sitting in the chapel at the beginning of transfer meeting I couldn't help looking around, wondering who she was going to be. All my previous companions, except Sister Bell, were there, but since we got there late I didn't have a chance to say hi to them before the meeting started. There were quite a few people coming and going, so the testimonies took a little while, but then we finally got to the slideshow. President got through Charleston zone, and he hadn't said my name, and then he went to Columbia zone. President announced the Camden ward, which is where Sister Winsor is serving so she stood up, and then he said "and transferring in is Sister Katelyn Rudy." 

At first I thought he had made a mistake, but he was serious. Sister Winsor is my new companion. Of course we were both super excited so we practically ran to hug each other. Shock doesn't even begin to describe how I felt. It's still really weird. But the longer we're together and the more we talk about it, the more I know that this is a very inspired companionship. 

It's been really great to get to skip all that new companion awkwardness that you normally go through, of getting to know someone and figuring out how they do things; we've just been able to pick up where we left off.  So in that way I definitely have seen the promise in my blessing fulfilled, that we would be able to unite early and make each day count. But it's also interesting to see how much we've changed and grown. 

At Sister Rudy's first transfer, Sept. 3, 2013
Sister Winsor is still the same missionary she was before, but she's a better version of herself. And I feel like I am too. It's so obvious how much more we know and how much more confident and experienced we are. I am so excited. Because I really feel this sense of urgency about this transfer, that there are things that the Lord needs us to do. And I know that Sister Winsor and I are capable of accomplishing anything that the Lord needs to have us do.

It's also very inspired that we're together because Sister Winsor has been having some health challenges lately that are making it hard for her to work. It's really been stressing her out lately. She's such a hard working missionary that it's hard for her to take time out of proselyting to take care of herself. 

Camden is wonderful; I am already falling in love with this little town. It's super old, and has all these cool buildings and even a Revolutionary war site, where a battle was fought. Plus, all the members are super amazing, so I think I'm going to love it here.

I hope you all have a great week, I love you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment